When shipping a Honda radio or stereo, placing it in shipping mode is recommended to avoid internal damage, which can happen from the impact, which is common during transportation.
How to place Honda radio on ship mode
- Remove all the CDs from the radio.
- Turn off the ignition.
- Press and hold the UP and DISC buttons. On models without navigation, press buttons 1 and 4 simultaneously.
- While you keep the UP and DISC pressed, turn the key one click (Accessory On | Position I).
- The CD light should flash, and the display should show SHIP.
- Turn off the ignition and disconnect the radio.
How do you get the Honda radio from the “SHIP” mode?
To get a Honda radio out of “Shiping mode,” connect it to a car and turn it on. Next, disconnect the negative battery terminal, wait at least 2 minutes, and reconnect the battery.
We hope you find the Honda Radio Shipping Mode guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!