Honda Fit Replace Outside Door Handle
Need to replace the door handle of your Honda Fit? Learn the step-by-step procedure for removing and installing the outside door handle on a 2007-2013 Honda Fit 2nd Gen by following the procedures below.
What you will need
- 10mm socket wrench or 10mm nut driver
- Prying tool
- Honda fit outside door handle
- Remove the door panel. See the step-by-step procedure on how to remove the door panel.
- Remove the push clips on the plastic cover and pull it down to have access to the bolts behind the outer door handle.
- Remove the two 10mm bolts behind the door handle. Use a 10mm socket wrench or 10mm nut driver to remove the bolts.
- Pull the outer door handle up.
- Pop the door handle out by using a prying tool to unlock the tab holding it.
- Remove the door handle.
- Insert up the new replacement outer door handle to the door.
- Install the new outer handle by inserting it from the top and pushing the door handle to the bottom until it snaps into place.
- Reinstall the two 10mm bolts holding the door handle using the 10mm socket wrench or 10mm nut driver. Reconnect the electrical cables of the power window switch.
- Reinstall the door panel by pushing the edges to keep it in place.
We hope you find the Honda Fit Replace Outside Door Handle guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Honda.