Need to update the COMAND Navigation Maps NTG on your Mercedes-Benz? Learn how to update the COMAND Navigation Maps by following the procedures below.
Updating the Mercedes navigation system with maps with the most up-to-date roads and POIs is very simple. This guide shows you how to update the Mercedes COMAND system with the latest map using an external DVD. This procedure applies to many Mercedes models equipped with NTG 3, 3.5, or 4 found on models such as the E, C, S, GL, ML, CLS class, etc.
What you will need
- Mercedes COMAND Navigation DVD
You will need a DVD that has the latest maps. It can be purchased from the dealer, or you may often find genuine Mercedes maps online at a reduced cost. We recommend using an original Mercedes Navigation Maps DVD
- Turn off the car and let it idle. Updating Mercedes Navigation maps can take up to 30 minutes and drain the battery if the car is not running or a second power source is supplied.
- Open the DVD tray.
- Remove any discs that may be in slot 1 of the CD changer.
- Insert the latest Mercedes Maps DVD.
- A popup will show on the screen displaying the current maps version and the one you are about to install.
- You will be asked: “Would you like to proceed with the update?” Press YES to confirm that you want to update Mercedes navigation maps.
- Allow the system to update the maps. This process can take from 30 minutes to one hour.
We hope you find the Update Mercedes COMAND Navigation Maps NTG 3 3.5 4 guides helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.