Is the side mirror of your Mazda 5 broken? Learn how to replace the door mirror on a Mazda 5 van. This guide applies to Mazda 5 vans made from 2010 until 2018.
What you will need
- Mazda 5 Side Mirror
- 10mm socket
- Park the Mazda 5 and set the parking brakes.
- Open the driver or passenger door depending on which side mirror you are replacing.
- Remove the plastic triangle by prying it with a flathead screwdriver or trim removal tool. Be careful not to scratch the paint.
- Unplug the electrical connector. Press the small clip with a flat screwdriver, then separate the two connectors by pulling them apart.
- Remove three 10mm bolts that hold the side mirror. Hold the side mirror so it doesn’t fall to the ground.
- Remove the side view mirror from the door of your Mazda5. Install a new mirror in reverse order.
- Tighten the bolts by hand. Don’t overtighten these bolts, or you will damage the threads on the side mirror.
- Reconnect the electrical connector.
Whether your side mirror got broken during an accident or the glass itself is broken, replacing the side mirror is easy.
Instructions on replacing the side mirrors are the same for driver and passenger doors. Door panel removal is not required to replace the side-view mirror on a Mazda5.
We hope you find the 2010-18 Mazda 5 Side Door Mirror Replacement Guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mazda.