Need to remove the door panel of your Mercedes-Ben SL400 R231? Learn how to remove your vehicle’s door panel by following the procedures below. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for removing the door panel and repairing the window on a 2012-2020 Mercedes-Benz SL400 R231.
What you will need
- T25 screwdriver
- Prying tool
- Flat screwdriver
- Unlock the vehicle and open the door.
- Remove the armrest cover using a prying tool to pull the cover out.
- Remove the two T25 screws below the armrest; Use a Torx screwdriver and twist it counterclockwise to remove the screws.
- Remove the cover on the inner door handle and airbag cover on the upper left side of the door panel; use a flat screwdriver or prying tool to pull it out.
- Remove the T25 screws located inside the inner door handle cover and airbag cover.
- Pop the door panel out. Insert a prying tool on every edge of the door panel and use the prying tool to pull the clips holding the door panel.
- Carry the door panel away from the door, pull the cable of the inner door handle out, and disconnect the electrical connectors on the window switch by pressing the clip and pulling it out.
- Remove the covers on the door by inserting a flat screwdriver into the holes on the edges of the cover and twisting the screwdriver to unlock the clips behind the cover.
- Diagnose the problem by inspecting the door, cables, and window regulator.
- Once you are done fixing the window problem, line up the covers back to the door and push it in to lock into its place.
- Carry the door panel near the door. Reconnect the cables of the inner door handle and the connectors on the window switch.
- Line up the door panel back to the door and push it in to lock the clips back to the door panel.
- Reinstall all the T25 screws back to the door panel.
- Put the armrest cover, inner door handle cover, and airbag cover back to the door panel.
We hope you find the Door Panel Removal Mercedes-Benz 2012-2020 SL400 R231 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.