Does the ABS light stay on in your ACURA instrument cluster? Learn how to fix the ABS light problem by following the procedures below.
The Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) is not working properly, and your vehicle may take longer to stop in an emergency. When the Acura ABS light stays on, a fault code gets stored in the ABS module. Use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to read and clear fault codes on your ABS system.
Common symptoms that you may notice when there is a problem with the Acura ABS:
- ABS Light Stays ON
- Wheels may lock and slide when braking.
- Longer stopping distance
- VSA – Traction control and stability lights stay ON
Common problems that trigger the ABS light to stay on:
- Defective clock spring
- Bad wheel speed sensor
- Failed ABS module
- Inoperable brake light switch
- Damaged wire harness
How to Reset Acura ABS Light
To reset the ABS light on an Acura, you must first read the codes with an ABS scanner. This will help you find what is wrong and know which one you need to replace in case of a faulty ABS wheel speed sensor. Once you replace the faulty sensor, you can use a Full System Scanner All System OBD2 Scanner to reset the ABS light.
- Park your ACURA in a safe area where you can work safely.
- Locate the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Plug the OBD-II scanner into the OBD2 port of your ACURA.
- Turn on the ignition. All ACURA dashboard lights should turn on but do not start the engine.
- If the ACURA has START/STOP button, press it twice without pressing on the brake pedal.
- Allow the OBD-2 scanner to connect to the vehicle. This may take a few seconds.
- Select ACURA from the menu. Next, select the Anti-lock Brake System menu.
- Using an OBD-II Scanner to read the ABS, read codes from the ABS module.
- Write down the codes—research what they mean, and fix the problem. Once you fix the problem discovered in the previous step, return to the ABS menu and select Clear codes.
The problem has not been fixed if you cannot clear the codes. If you do not get a code, you may use an OBD-II scanner that can not read ABS fault codes on Acura.
We hope you found this guide on resetting the ABS light helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Acura vehicle.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!