Is there an Indicator light on your dashboard saying Oil Service Reminder after changing the oil? Learn how to reset the oil service reminder on your Audi vehicle.
If you hover over the recommended oil change intervals, you will see a light that reminds you to change your oil or a message on the Multi-Media Interface (MMI). Change the engine oil and filter and reset the Audi Maintenance Reminder as described below.
Audi Oil Reminder Reset via the MMI
- Park your Audi in a safe location.
- Please turn on the ignition and switch it to position II. If you have a Start/Stop button, press it without pressing the brakes.
- Press the CAR button using the buttons on the center console.
- Scroll to the Service Interval Display menu.
- Rotate the knob to select Reset Oil Change Interval.
- Select YES to confirm.
These instructions show you how to turn off the maintenance light on Audi vehicles from the years 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 that have the Multi-Media Interface (MMI). These instructions apply to the Audi A3, A4, A6, A7, Q3, Q5, and Q7.
Audi Oil Reset via Instrument Cluster
Audi vehicles such as A4 and A6 manufactured in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 did not have Multi-Media Interface (MMI). To reset the maintenance light on an older Audi, follow these instructions.
- Enter your Audi and press the WRENCH button on the dashboard.
- Keep the WRENCH button pressed and turn the key to position II. All dash lights should turn on but not start the engine.
- A message shows pop up in your instrument cluster displaying “SERVICE.”
- Once the SERVICE shows up, release the WRENCH button.
- Next, press the ODO button on the instrument cluster. Some models have a zero button that you will need to hold instead of ODO.
- Restart the engine, and your Audi oil reminder should be reset.
The oil reset instructions are meant to help the owners of Audi A3, S3, RS3, A4, S4, A5, S5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, A8, S8, Q3, Q5, SQ5, Q7, TT, R8.
We hope you found this guide Audi Oil Service Reminder Reset, helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Audi vehicle.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!