In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions and video clips showing how to change the key fob battery on various Cadillac remotes.
Scroll down until you find the video and instructions for your Cadillac remote.
Battery Type: CR2032
- Locate the small indentation on the right side of the case.
- Use a flat screwdriver to carefully pop open the keyfob.
- Remove the circuit board and flip it upside down.
- Use the screwdriver to slide out the battery.
- Slide the new battery in place. The positive side of the battery should face you.
- Place the circuit board in the bottom part of the case.
- Press the two parts of the remote together.
Battery Size: CR2032
- Press the release button on the side of the keyfob and pull out the metal key
- Now use a flat head screwdriver to pry out the case at the exposed opening.
- Separate the key fob case. The battery is on the back of the keyfob.
- Pop-out the old battery and install the new one by pressing it in place.
- The positive (+) side of the battery needs to be down (facing back cover).
- When putting the two halves together, line up the top part of the remote first.
- Then snap the two halves together until the key fob battery is closed.
- Instructions will help you change the battery in any Cadillac including models such as CTS, ATS, XTS, SRX, ELR, Escalade, CT6, XT5.
If your Cadillac doors cannot be locked/unlocked with the key fob or you get an error message on the instrument cluster saying "No remote detected" the problem most often is dead key fob battery.