Can’t get inside your Acura vehicle because of a dead car/keyfob battery? The problem is most likely due to your Acura key fob, which may have a dead battery and cannot send a signal to your car. Another possibility is that you have a dead car battery.
Follow these steps to manually get inside and start your Acura (if the key doesn’t work or the battery is dead).
- Remove the metal key blade from the key fob. Press on the black release tab, hold the release down, and slide out the metal key.
- Insert the metal blade into the keyhole of the driver’s door.
- Turn the key to unlock the driver’s door. Once the door is unlocked, remove the key and open the driver’s door. Watch the following video on how to perform these steps.
- If your Acura doesn’t start, the car battery may be dead. Manually turn on the lights. Your Acura will need a jump start if your lights don’t work. If you are stranded away from home, get roadside assistance to help you if you are at home using a portable jump starter to jump-start your Acura.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Connect the red clamp on the red (positive or +) terminal and the black clamp on your battery’s negative (-) post. Red on red (+). Black on black (-)
- After you connect the jumper cables, your Acura will turn on, but it may not start when you press the START/STOP button. Take the key and press the START/STOP button with the keyfob. This will allow you to start the car.
If the car doesn’t start immediately, allow the battery to charge for a few minutes, then try again.
Can’t open the driver’s door manually?
It is possible that the driver’s door may not open with the key. If that is the case, try the following:
- Get a can of spray penetrating rust lubricant and spray in the keyhole.
- Insert the key in and out a few times to loosen up the key tumbler.
- Try to unlock the driver’s door.
If the procedure above does not work, call a locksmith to come out and unlock the door. Also, check the clamps on the battery terminal. If they aren’t making good contact, the Acura will make a clicking noise when trying to start the engine.
Regardless of your problem, these instructions will help owners of Acura TL, CL, RL, TSX, RDS, ILX, TLX, RLX, MDX, and ZDX learn how to get into the car in case of an emergency.
We hope you find the How to Open Acura Door Get Inside Car With Dead Battery guide helpful. For more help, check these troubleshooting and repair guides for your Acura vehicle.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!