Learn how to change the battery on any Acura keyfob. Typically Acura keys use the CR2032 Button Cell Battery.
This guide provides instructions on changing the battery on any Acura keyfob. Most Acura keys use the CR2032 Button Cell Battery.
- Press the tab and remove the metal key.
- Use the metal key to open the shell of your Acura keyfob.
- Use a small screwdriver to pop out the old battery.
- Press the new battery in, ensuring the positive (+) side is facing you.
- Press the two parts of the keyfob together until you hear them click.
- Insert the metal key into the key fob.
- Remove the metal blade key.
- Use a flat screwdriver to separate the keyfob shell.
- Locate the two batteries found inside the remote and slide them out.
- Install two new batteries. Ensure that the batteries are not installed backward.
- Close the key by pressing both of the plastic halves together.
These instructions will help the owners of Acura change the key fob battery, which includes:
If you want to save money by fixing your Acura, check our guide on diagnosing vehicle problems like a pro.