Is the side mirror of your Ford Fusion broken? Learn how to remove and replace the side mirror of your vehicle by following the procedures below. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for replacing the side mirror on a Ford Fusion 2013-2020. This repair can be completed without removing the window regulator.
What you will need
- Ford Fusion Door Side Mirror
- Mechanic Toolset Metric
- 7mm Socket
- 11mm Socket
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Remove the door panel. If you need help with this step, follow the step-by-step procedure on how to remove the door panel.
- Remove the two 7mm bolts on the door control module by using a 7mm socket.
- Remove the door control module down and pull the covers out to have access to the bolts holding the side mirror.
- Remove the window regulator motor or push it out to have wider access to the connector of the side mirror. If you need help with this step, click here and follow the removal process of the window regulator. This step is optional.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the side mirror. Reach inside the window regulator motor’s hole, press the clip, and pull the connector out.
- Remove the three 11mm bolts holding the side mirror by using an 11mm socket and ratchet.
- Pull the side mirror out and guide cables out of the door.
- Insert the cables of the new side mirror and line up the side mirror to the door. Then press the side mirror until it locks into place.
- Reinstall the three 11mm bolts and tighten them.
- Place the covers back to the door and press them in to set them into place.
- Reconnect the electrical connector by pushing it towards the connection port.
- Reinstall the window regulator motor. If you need help with this step, click here and follow the installation process of the window regulator motor.
- Reinstall the door panel. If you need help with this step, see the step-by-step process for reinstalling the door panel.
We hope you find the Replace Broken Ford Fusion Side Mirror guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Ford.