Need to replace and paint your tow hook cover to match your vehicle’s color? By following the procedures below, learn how to replace a missing tow hook cover and paint it to match your car’s color (bumper).
What you will need
|Tow Hook Cover – Search by Part Number for Any Car
|Custom Mixed Spray Paint – Basecoat
|Automotive Primer Spray
|Automotive Clear Coat
Follow these instructions to paint the tow hook cover to match your bumper color.
- Most tow hook cover comes as bare black plastic.
- Sand it down with 600-grit sandpaper to prepare it for the primer.
- Spray one thin coat of primer and let it dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Sand it lightly, especially if you see bumps or imperfections.
- Shake the spray paint and spray one thin coat of paint. Keep your hand at least 10 inches from the tow hook cover.
- Wait another 15 minutes and spray a second coat of matching paint.
- Wait at least 30 minutes and spray one or two coats of clear coat.
- Clean the area where the tow hook hole is. In this case, duck tape was used to cover the tow hole.
- That’s it. You are done.
That’s it. Replacing a missing bumper tow hole cover is simple.
This guide helped you learn how to order a new tow hook cover for your car and paint it to match your vehicle’s color. The procedure is the same whether you need a tow hook cover for Audi, BMW, Ford, Infiniti, Subaru, Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, or any other car model.
It’s almost impossible to find a tow hook cover painted to match your vehicle unless you are willing to spend a lot of time at your local junkyard. New tow hook covers don’t come painted.
You need to order the correct tow hook cover for your car; see the link below. Tow hook covers don’t come painted. Therefore you will also need to order paint that matches your car color from the dealer or use the method described in this article.
We hope you find the How to Replace & Paint Tow Hook Cover to Match Bumper Color guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your vehicle.