Is there an ABS/DSC code shown on your BMW dashboard? Learn how to reset the ABS DSC code on your BMW by using an OBD-II Scanner. This guide provides instructions on reading and clearing BMW ABS fault codes that trigger the DSC / ABS / Brake warning lights.
What you will need
A diagnostic scanner capable of reading BMW codes from the ABS module is required. A basic OBD-II scanner not designed for BMW will not show any fault codes even if the ABS light is on.
- Locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard. Driver side.
- Plug your BMW scanner.
- Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine.
- Allow the scanner to turn on.
- Select Scan. Go to Read Codes menu and write down the codes. Fix the problem described by these fault codes.
- Go back and select the Clear Codes menu and select Yes.
If the problem has not been fixed, ABS and DSC warning lights may come back on.
We hope you find the Reset BMW ABS DSC Codes guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your BMW.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!