Discover what the BMW voice recognition system (SVS) does and how to use a diagnostic scanner to read fault codes from the BMW SVS module.
What is the BMW SVS module?
SVS stands for the voice recognition system. SVS is integrated into the CCC (CIC) unit located in the dashboard. It processes language input from voice commands.
SVS’s main function is to control the various vehicle functions using voice commands.
BMW SVS can be used to control the following systems:
- Air conditioning Settings
When your BMW SVS module fails, you will no longer be able to use voice commands.
Diagnose SVS module
Read codes from the SVS module if you are experiencing problems and can no longer use voice commands. For this step, you will need a BMW diagnostic scanner capable of reading fault codes from the BMW SVS module.
The YOUCANIC Full System Scanner can read and clear fault codes through every control module of your BMW vehicle.
- Plugin the OBD-II scanner into the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Turn on the ignition; don’t start the engine.
- Turn on the scanner and select your BMW chassis. Next, Select the Control Units menu.
- Select the SVS Module.
- Once you enter the SVS module, you will be able to do the following.
- Read Codes from SVS Module
- Clear Codes from SVS Module
- Perform Adaptations, Activations, Tests
If any code shows PRESENT status, the problem needs to be fixed before the code can be cleared. These general instructions may vary depending on the diagnostic scanner model used to diagnose BMWs.
Verify that it supports your BMW model and year when purchasing a BMW scanner (YOUCANIC Full System Scanner supports all make and model). Full system scanners known to work on BMW vehicles can range in price from $150 to $800.
We hope you find the BMW SVS Voice Recognition Language Processing System guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your BMW.