Can’t clean your Toyota’s windshield because of an empty washer fluid reservoir, or is there a windshield washer symbol illuminating on your dashboard? Learn how to fix the problem by adding windshield washer fluid to your Toyota. Adding windshield fluid is the same for all Toyota models, including Corolla, Camry, Rav4, 4Runner, Matrix, Sienna, etc.
What you will need
- Windshield washer fluid
- Park the Toyota. Turn off the engine. Set the parking brakes.
- Open the hood by pulling the release lever under the dashboard’s left side, driver’s side.
- Go to the front of the vehicle and depress the safety lever under the hood to open the hood.
- Locate the windshield washer fluid container. The wiper symbol shown on your dashboard is also shown on top of the cap for the windshield washer reservoir.
- Open the windshield washer fluid container and add your windshield washer fluid until the level is two inches below the top of the cap.
- Close the cap by pressing it down until it locks.
- Test the windshield wipers by starting the car and pressing the wiper stalk.
It may take a few seconds for the windshield washer fluid to spray on the windshield. If no fluid sprays on the windshield, you may have a bad windshield washer fluid pump, blown fuse, or damaged fluid line.
We hope you find the Toyota Add Windshield Washer Fluid guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.
Have questions about your car? Get assistance in our newly launched forum section. We’re here to provide support!