Learn how to replace the side door mirror on a Hyundai Elantra. Instructions are the same for both driver and passenger side mirrors.
Replacing the door mirror on a Hyundai Elantra is easy and takes about 30 minutes. A replacement mirror can be purchased online for a fraction of the dealer’s cost.
What you will need
- Side view mirror
- Trim removal tool
- 10mm wrench
- Park the Hyundai Elantra in a safe workspace and set the parking brakes.
- Use a trim removal tool to remove the triangle door plastic cover. This cover does not have any screws but three plastic tabs on the back. It will come out if you carefully pry it out.
- Disconnect the side mirror connector. To pull out the connector, you must press the small locking, then pull.
- After loosening the three mounting nuts, you can remove the side mirror.
- Install the side mirror on your Hyundai Elantra in reverse order. Tightening the mounting nuts to 10 Nm is recommended using a torque wrench.
Replacing the driver- or passenger-side mirror on a Hyundai Elantra is easy and requires about 30 minutes.
Replacing the side mirror (driver/passenger) on a Hyundai Elantra can cost between $150 and $400 at the dealer. If you have an auto mechanic, replace the mirror, and expect to pay between $80 and $150 for labor plus parts. Replacing the side mirror yourself costs less than $50 for parts and about thirty minutes.
Changing the side mirror on a Hyundai Elantra is very easy. The mirror is held in place with three bolts. It will take most DIYers about twenty to thirty minutes to replace the side mirror.