How to Safely Release Mercedes-Benz Electric Parking Brakes to Replace Brake Pads
Learn the step-by-step process for safely releasing Mercedes-Benz electric parking brakes and changing brake pads in this comprehensive guide. We’ll walk you through the tools, precautions, and best practices to ensure a seamless and efficient maintenance experience. Preserve the performance and longevity of your Mercedes-Benz by following these expert tips for proper brake care.
- Secure the vehicle not rolling once the parking brakes are released.
- Enter the vehicle and close the driver’s door.
- Release the parking brakes by pressing the button on the dashboard. If the parking brakes are engaged, you will not set the parking brakes in the service position.
- Without pressing the brake pedal, press the START button. If your car doesn’t have the START button, turn the key in the ignition with one click. Ignition should be known as Position I. Dashboard lights up, but warning lights should not be on.
- Make sure MILEAGE is shown on the instrument cluster. If not, use the steering wheel buttons to display the miles. Scroll to TRIP, then press OK.
- Press and hold the Phone button and the OK button on the steering wheel for about five seconds.
- The service menu will display on the dashboard. Scroll down to Brake Pad Replace, then press OK.
- Press OK to move to Fitting Position. You should hear the parking brakes move to the service position.
- Service the rear brake pads. Once you are done with the service, press OK to reset the parking brake.
Most 2015 and newer Mercedes-Benz vehicles such as C, E, S, GLA, GLE, GLC, and GLS are equipped with Electric Parking Brakes. If you are having problems with the electronic parking brake or getting a warning message, see this article.
In conclusion, understanding how to release the electric parking brakes and replace brake pads on your Mercedes-Benz is crucial for maintaining optimal vehicle performance and safety. By following the guidelines provided in this article, you can confidently perform this maintenance task with ease, ensuring the longevity of your luxury automobile. Remember to always prioritize safety, use the appropriate tools, and consult your vehicle’s manual or an expert if you encounter any uncertainties. Your Mercedes-Benz deserves the best care possible, and mastering these essential skills is a step in the right direction.
We hope you find the Release Mercedes-Benz Electric Parking Brakes guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.