Can’t open your Jaguar due to a dead battery? Learn how to open your Jaguar using the emergency key on your key fob.
Opening Jaguar with a Dead Battery
How to open a Jaguar with a dead battery
- Remove the emergency key from the keyfob.
- Insert the emergency key in the small hole under the driver’s door handle. Remove the key tumbler cover on the driver’s door.
- Insert the key in the keyhole and turn it to unlock the car.
How to open a trunk on a Jaguar with a dead battery?
Use this method to unlock the trunk of a Jaguar manually.
- Remove the emergency metal key from the key fob.
- Insert the metal in the key tumbler next to the license plate light.
- Turn the key.
- Press the trunk release and lift the trunk.
See the owner’s manual on how to jump-start your Jaguar. Even though some Jaguars have the battery in the trunk, you may have to use the jump-start terminal in the engine bay to jump-start the car.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.
How do you open a Jaguar trunk with unlocked doors but a dead battery?
This method only works on Jaguar vehicles that have the battery in the engine bay or have a jump start terminal in the engine bay.
The idea is that you will power up the vehicle and then use the trunk release to open the trunk.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard.
- Go to the front of the vehicle and release the hood. Lift the hood and make sure it stays open.
- Locate the positive (+) on the batter or the jump start terminal.
- Connect the red clamp of a jump starter to the positive (+) terminal.
- Connect the black clamp of a jump starter to an unpainted bolt on the frame. Don’t connect it to the negative battery terminal.
- Turn on the jump starter.
- Locate the trunk, release it, and open it.
If the battery in your Jaguar has died or the keyfob remote no longer works, you will need to unlock the door or trunk manually.
You will find step-by-step instructions on unlocking a Jaguar with a dead battery here. If your Jaguar has no power, use this method to open the trunk and jump-start the battery in the trunk.
- Jaguar has no power
- The Jaguar key does not unlock the car door.
- Can’t open Jaguar trunk
- Dead Jaguar battery
- The trunk will not open.
We hope you find the Unlock Open Jaguar with Dead Battery guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Jaguar.