How can I find the country where my Toyota was manufactured? While most Toyota vehicles are manufactured in Japan, Toyota has plans in other countries, such as Canada and the USA.
To tell where a Toyota was manufactured, look at the VIN located at the lower-left corner of the windshield. The first digit or letter identifies the country of origin of your Toyota. For Toyotas made in the U.S., the VIN will start with 1, 4, or 5.
If your Toyota was made in Canada first digit on the VIN will start with 2. If Toyota is made in Mexico, VIN will start with 3. Wondering if your Toyota was made in Japan. If the first digit on the VIN starts with J, your Toyota was made in Japan.
How to verify where your Toyota was made
Find your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the driver’s door.
At the bottom of the sticker, it will say: Made in the USA, Made in Japan, or Made in Canada.
Another easy way to find out the country where Toyota was made is to look at the VIN.
- Check the first character of your VIN, which is usually a letter or a number.
- Numbers 1, 4, or 5 indicate a car built in the United States.
- J for Japan,
- K for South Korea,
- W for Germany,
- 2 is Canada,
- 3 is Mexico,
- Z is Italy and the
- United Kingdom is S.
- Tsutsumi – Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture
- Kokura – Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Miyata – Miyawaka, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Motomachi – Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture
- Higashi Fuji – Susono, Shizuoka Prefecture
- Yoshiwara – Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture
- Cambridge – Cambridge, Ontario
- Georgetown – Georgetown, Kentucky
Lastly, you can also discover where Toyota was made by decoding the VIN.
We hope you find the Quick Way to Tell Where Any Toyota Was Made guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.