Hyundai Elantra Brake Light Bulb Replacement Guide
Learn how to replace the Brake Light Bulb on the Hyundai Elantra model in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
What you will need
- 2357 28W Bulb
- 10 mm deep socket
- Ratchet wrench
How to change the brake light on a Hyundai Elantra.
- Open trunk.
- Remove the cover and access the back of the tail light assembly.
- Disconnect the electrical wire. Remove three 10 mm nuts that hold the tail light in place. Now you should be able to pull the rear tail light assembly from the body of your Elantra.
- Remove the brake light socket by turning it counterclockwise. The socket click will be heard. Pull the socket out.
- Remove the brake light bulb from the socket by pulling it out. Be careful not to break the bulb.
- Install the new brake light bulb into the socket.
- Reinstall the socket into the tail light assembly. Align the three tabs on the socket with the three slots in the brake light assembly. Twist the socket clockwise to lock it into the tail light assembly.
- Reinstall the brake light assembly. Tighten the three 10 mm bolts. Don’t overtighten them to avoid damage.
Check the brake lights’ fuse if your Hyundai Elantra brake lights don’t work after replacing the light bulb. If the light doesn’t work, follow this guide on how to read fault codes from Hyundai vehicles.
We hope you find the Hyundai Elantra Brake Light Bulb Replacement Guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Hyundai.
The tutorial was helpful for removing screws and assembly. However, the title is How to replace Brake Light Bulb and refers to brake light all the way through. In my Hyundai Elantra 2013 the orange socket is the turn signal and the bulb is amber. The brake light socket is gray and about 4 inches to the left. Whoops. glad I had a friend helping out
Walnut Creek CA