Is a fault code P0340 stored on the scanner when diagnosing your Ford? Learn how to fix the problem by replacing the camshaft position sensor and resetting the code using an OBD-II scanner. This guide shows how to replace the camshaft position sensor on a Ford Fusion 2013-2020.
What you will need
- Ford Fusion Camshaft Position Sensor
- OBD-II Scanner
- Mechanic Toolset
- 10mm socket
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver’s seat.
- Connect the OBD-II Scanner to the OBD-II port below the dashboard but above the hood release.
- Turn the ignition switch to the accessories position I.
- Go to the diagnostic menu on the scanner.
- Select read codes and check the stored codes.
- The scanner will show P0340 Faulty Code – Camshaft Position Sensor.
- Open the hood. Pull the hood release under the dashboard and unlock the hood latch on the vehicle’s front. Then pull the hood up and set the hood strut to hold the hood open. If you need help with this step, follow these procedures for opening the hood.
8. Remove the engine cover by pulling it up to detach the rubber grommets holding the engine cover.
9. Locate the camshaft position sensor on the right side of the fourth ignition coil.
10. Remove the 10mm bolt on the sensor using a 10mm socket wrench and turn it counterclockwise.
11. Disconnect the electrical connector of the camshaft position sensor by pressing the clip and pulling the connector out.
12. Remove the sensor by pulling it out from the vehicle.
13. Line up the new sensor into the installation port and push it in to set it into place.
14. Reinstall the 10mm bolt by twisting it clockwise. Then reconnect the electrical connector of the camshaft position sensor by pushing the connector into the connection port.
15. Turn the ignition back on. Go back to the diagnostic menu on the scanner and select erase codes. Press the enter button to select.
16. Select YES and press the enter button on the scanner to erase the codes.
17. Start the vehicle and check if the check engine light is still on.
Check Engine Light On
If the Check Engine Light is on after replacing the Camshaft Position Sensor, you can use the YOUCANIC Full System Scanner to reset the Check Engine Light. This scanner can also read and clear fault codes through every vehicle’s control module.
We hope you find the Ford P0340 Code – Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Ford.