Did the shifting gear of your Toyota Camry got stuck? Learn how to manually release the gear by following the procedures below. This guide is a step-by-step procedure for releasing the gear in neutral when stuck in the park gear.
How to Release Stucked-up Gear Shifter on a Toyota Camry
What you will need
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver’s seat. Set the parking brake so the vehicle does not roll away when you get it out of Park.
- Locate the cover of the gear release button on the upper left side of the gear shifter just above the park symbol and pop the lid out using a screwdriver or pick tool.
- Insert the screwdriver or the key into the gear release button.
- Push the screwdriver or key to release the gear.
- Move the gear shifter to neutral while pushing the gear release button.
It can roll once the vehicle is out of Park and in Neutral, Reverse, or Drive. Keep depressing the brake pedal, or the vehicle may roll away and cause an accident.
We hope you find the Release Stuck Up Shifting Gear Toyota Camry 2012-2017 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Toyota.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.