Need to shift the gear of your Mercedes-Benz out of the park? By following the procedures below, learn the step-by-step procedure on how to release the gear from the park on a 2000-2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203. To release the shifter on a W203, you will need a screwdriver or similar object.
- Set the parking brake first. Then press and hold the brake pedal. Once the shifter is out of Park, the vehicle will roll off, especially on an incline.
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver’s seat.
- Open the ashtray above the gear shifter and the central armrest behind the gear shifter.
- Pull the gear shifter panel on the front and push the panel on the back to remove the panel.
- Twist the gear shifter panel to have access to the gear release tab.
- Press on the brake pedal and push the gear release tab.
- Move the gear shifter to neutral.
We hope you find the Release Gear From Park Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2000-2006 W203 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.
Access Factory Repair Manuals
The YOUCANIC Pro Manuals offer OEM Factory Repair Manuals with detailed steps and illustrations, comprehensive wiring diagrams, torque specifications, and access to technical service bulletins and OEM service information, mirroring dealership manuals.