Need to shift the gear of your Mercedes-Benz out of the park? By following the procedures below, learn the step-by-step procedure on how to release the gear from the park on a 2000-2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203. To release the shifter on a W203, you will need a screwdriver or similar object.
- Set the parking brake first. Then press and hold the brake pedal. Once the shifter is out of Park, the vehicle will roll off, especially on an incline.
- Unlock the vehicle and go to the driver’s seat.
- Open the ashtray above the gear shifter and the central armrest behind the gear shifter.
- Pull the gear shifter panel on the front and push the panel on the back to remove the panel.
- Twist the gear shifter panel to have access to the gear release tab.
- Press on the brake pedal and push the gear release tab.
- Move the gear shifter to neutral.
We hope you find the Release Gear From Park Mercedes-Benz C-Class 2000-2006 W203 guide helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Mercedes-Benz.