Acura Read & Clear Check Engine Fault Codes
If the Check Engine Light (CEL) or warning lights such as ABS, Airbag, and TPMS stay ON in your ACURA, a fault code will be stored in the corresponding module. Learn how to read and clear Acura fault codes from multiple systems.
What you will need
- Park the ACURA on a level surface and set the parking brakes.
- Open the driver’s door and locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard.
- Plug your scanner into the OBD2 port
- Turn on the ignition by turning the key to position II. If your ACURA has START/STOP feature, press the button without pressing the brake pedal. Do not start the engine.
- Allow your scanner to turn on. Follow the prompts on your scanner to read fault codes. Instructions can vary between scanners. Watch this video to learn how to use an OBD-II scanner to read and clear ACURA codes.
To diagnose, read, and clear Acura, you need an OBD2 scanner covering all systems. Generic OBD2 scanners can only read and clear codes that trigger the check engine light. The procedure for reading ACURA fault codes is similar, regardless of which system you try to diagnose.
We hope you found this guide read and clear codes on your Acura helpful. Check these troubleshooting and repair guides for more help on your Acura vehicle.